V.P. Branch Operations
Central Florida Postal Credit Union
Directs all aspects of the operations of multiple branches to ensure effective and efficient operations. Demonstrates a commitment to provide high quality leadership and ensure compliance with all related laws, regulations and policies applicable to the credit union.
- Participate in the credit union’s long term and short term strategic planning as it relates to branch operations and member deposits.
- Prepare a cost benefit analysis for all vendor contract renewals. Monitor renewal dates and requirements for cancellations.
- Communicate goals and direction with branch managers to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements and expectations.
- On an ongoing basis, review laws and regulations that impact the credit union’s compliance requirements, with emphasis on deposit products, Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act and OFAC.
- Evaluate the credit union’s policies, procedures, deposit products, and programs to ensure compliance the applicable laws and regulations. Make recommendations for changes where appropriate.
- Implement and monitor procedures to comply with credit union policies and governmental rules and regulations. Work with other department heads to maintain consistency in credit union policies and procedures. Develop and apply new policies and procedures for branch operations.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services or products.
- Disseminate information, answer questions, and be a subject matter expert for the credit union on all deposit products and compliance related-issues.
- Ensures credit union security through appropriate measures of branch audits, internal controls and maintenance of security systems.
- Prepares and monitors budget for deposit products, branches and ATM networks to ensure proper financial management.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance and transaction activity of all credit union ATM’s.
- Develop and implement training for all branch personnel. Monitor performance standards. Provide mentoring and coaching to support and develop managers and staff.
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends on all deposit products to maintain competitiveness.
- Implement effective problem resolutions and demonstrate professionalism in providing high quality member services.
- Demonstrates creative thinking skills by raising new marketing ideas and concepts for improving efficiency and generating new business.
- Acts as a Member Services Representative, Branch Manager, and Business Development Officer.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s or advance degree in business, finance or related field (each year of experience may substitute for each year of the required education).
- Five to ten years of experience in financial services and/or branch operations.
- Extensive credit union management and operations experience required.
- Thorough working knowledge of all branch operations.
- Working ability of budgeting and business development.
- Excellent communication and people skills. The ability to lead by example.
- Highly goal oriented with a “can-do” attitude.
- Must be a team player with a commitment to quality.
- Professional mannerisms and appearance.
- Computer experience and ability to work with Microsoft Office and data processing systems.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the credit union regulations, history and philosophy, the by-laws, the organizational system, and operational procedures.
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume to Maria O'Shea